The Singing Inspector
Today at school there was this singing inspector, Mr Raymond but I’ll call him Mr R for short
He was the meanest inpatient man I’ve ever met.
He walked in with his golden locks swaying with every step he didn’t smile nor did he look friendly he looked mean almost stubborn. He stood there looking at us with his bright blue eyes. Next we were standing there singing do ray me far blah blah blah. Mr R then called Benny and Charles first they stood quickly but quietly and went over to the modulator . Now sing. They quietly said that they didn’t know any songs. Not even the Blue Bells of Scotland or minstrel Boy ! Well what can you sing Mr R screamed just sing anything. We can sing Pretty Polly Charles said in a shaky voice. He started to sing with Benny joining him with a squeaky voice.
I was about to laugh when Mr R stared at me I looked down sinking slowly into my seat trying to hide so he didn’t call me. But Mr R just called me up anyway. Gladys your turn. I stood my legs shaking terrified from falling to the ground I started to walk. Hurry up we don’t have all day he told me. I picked up the pace it felt like I was walking for hours until I got there. I was terrified I felt like running out the door far far away from Mr R but I stood there. Well,Mr R said, start. I did nothing but stare at him in fear I was shaking so hard I felt as if I would fall. Mmm what have we here, are you deaf, sing. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Useless he muttered And he sent me back to my desk.
No comments:
Post a Comment